LadderUP® Safety Posts provide easier, safer ladder access through roof hatches, floor access doors, and manholes. This telescoping post permanently mounts to the top two rungs of any fixed ladder, providing a positive hand-hold and enabling the user to enter or exit an opening in an upright and balanced position.
LadderUP Safety Post Models
LU-1, LU-2, LU-3, LU-4
Standard Features and Benefits
- Adjustable mounting hardware accommodates virtually any ladder rung size or spacing.
- Telescoping design is spring balanced for ease of operation.
- Automatically locks in the fully raised position to provide the user with a firm and steady hand-hold for safer egress
- Handy release lever allows the LadderUP safety post to be easily lowered to its retracted position.
- Available in four levels of corrosion resistance to provide many years of trouble free, dependable service.
Install on fixed ladder(s) below hatch cover(s), LadderUP® safety post Model __ as manufactured by The BILCO Company. Device shall be (refer to chart for material/finish* of model specified). It shall be designed with a telescoping tubular section that locks automatically when fully extended. Upward and downward movement shall be controlled by a stainless steel spring balancing mechanism. Unit shall be completely assembled with fasteners for securing to the ladder rungs in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- If installation is to be in corrosive atmosphere, specify Model LU-2, LU-3 or LU-4 as conditions warrant.
- Also used on fixed ladders under floor access doors and manhole covers.
Standard Sizes and Weights
|LU-1||Steel||Yellow Powder Coat Paint|
|LU-2||Steel||Hot dip galvanized|
|LU-3||Stainless Steel||Type 304 with sand blast finish|