Enpoco-Pak is the assembled kit of the ULRD Roof Drain with all the components for easy installation. Enpoco-Pak provides the essential features of more expensive drains at an affordable price. It is adaptable to most generic materials of single ply and conventional built-up roofing for use with roof decks of steel, wood, precast concrete or gypsum. This drain offers versatility and easy installation on new and existing roofs. Tough, versatile, moderately priced PVC drains are recommended for water-handling on flat or sloped steel roofs. Simplicity of installation makes Enpoco drains ideally suited to eliminate ponding water on settled roofs. Available packaged assemblies incorporate essential features of more expensive drains, including clamping ring, underdeck clamp and Fernco® expansion coupling.
- Molded polyethylene dome strainer. Bolts securely to clamping ring.
- Injection molded PVC or ABS body. Ultraviolet stabilized for long life. Solvent welds to PVC or ABS DWV pipe.
- Epoxy coated aluminum clamping collar with gravel stop. Grooved for positive drainage on smooth surfaced roofs. Distortion resistant and unbreakable.
- Aluminum underdeck clamp. Fastens drain securely to deck.
- Fernco® flexible expansion coupling. Connects to PVC, ABS, or cast iron pipe.
- Overflow option available, please call
1 FLASHING ATTACHMENT
Install single ply membrane, soft copper, lead or BUR felt flashing between clamping ring and drain flange.
2 PVC 4” (102mm) CONNECTOR
When joining ABS and PVC plastic together, the use of an all purpose cement is required. Under all conditions proper drying of PVC connector to drain is required before attaching the XJ coupling.
3 ACCESSORY TIGHTENING PROCEDURE
Use a maximum of 60” lbs. of torque to tighten coupling bands and use care when securing clamping ring and underdeck clamp. Excessive tightening not required.
4 COUPLING HOOK-UP
Will attach to Schedule 40 DWV plastic or No hub cast iron drain line.
5 SPECIAL NOTE
Wet or damaged insulation or insulation with low compressive strength should be removed around drain flange seating area and replaced with insulation having a minimum compressive value of 25 PSI – this rating or higher should apply to all of the above roofing conditions. Drain should have insulation tapered to it, allowing complete drainage through weep holes of clamp device.